1. Chill Factor e - The Chill factor is really great there are lots of activities Skiing, Snowboarding, Tubing, sledging, an ice slide and snow play. I liked Tubing best as you spin around. There is also a restaurant and a climbing wall and now for Xmas a Santa's Grotto! Oh and meet Scooby doo and Peppa pig.
Christmassy rating- 8 very christmassy / Grotto rating- 7 nice snowy atmosphere
2. Spinning-fields Ice rink- Ice skate around a rink next to an Xmas tree. I broke my leg ice skating and therefore am now terrified
Christmassy rating- 6- Fairly Christmassy
3. Gulliver's World at Xmas- In my opinion better than Lapland UK. UK's best grotto. Rides, Snow machine, Pantomime, Husky dogs, Magical train ride through Christmas displays and lights, Carolling, Decorate a cookie with Mrs. Claus, Gigantic Multi level grotto with electric animals and elves. Meet Gully Mouse, Christmas shop, Roast dinners, elf school, letter writing.
Christmassy rating- 10-extremely Christmassy /grotto rating- 10 Magical! *best for family's
4. East Lancashire railway -Santa Express- Pretty lights on the Platform. Board the Santa Express and Listen to carol singing. Santa comes along the train giving a gift to each child. Good gifts. Mulled wine and mince pies included!
Christmassy rating- 7- Christmassy / no grotto as such
5. Museum of Science and Industry's 4D Cinema and Grotto- We found this really good. Me and my two teenage friends went together last year and found it really exiting. In the 4D cinema you got to meet one of Santa's reindeer and go on sleigh ride with him! It really felt like you were flying as presents flew everywhere and the chairs lurched forward. When the Reindeer sneezed you got water on you! I liked it when the spider came because it was like there was a spider there! It was a bit short but really good! I would go to the cinema but go to a grotto else where.
Christmassy Rating-8- Very Christmassy / Grotto rating- 7-Friendly Santa and craft workshop
6. Word of Mouth Kids Christmas craft workshop- Come and make some Christmas crafts with Artist and Designer Nicolette. The Craft workshop is from 12-2 on the 17th December. Please come! I will be there. The finished products look great!
Christmassy Rating-8- Very Christmassy! - Cool Artistic stuff for kids and teens for £5 per child!