Tuesday, 27 March 2012

The cookie cake recipe!

Have you ever had a cookie whirl/ cookie cupcake from Millie's Cookies maybe you had the pleasure of sampling a giant celebration cookie or cookie cake their. These are amazing! The cookie part is soft baked and gooey in the middle and the icing is creamy and glossy, I like the chocolate variety it is lush!
The shop bought variety!


At my Brother Pete's birthday back in January I was going to get him a cookie cake but I thought £20 was lots to pay so I dabbled with challenging myself to make one. Firstly I searched for a Millie's cookie recipe http://runningcupcake.co.uk/2012/02/i-love-making-millies-cookies-recipe/ then I seeked out the perfect shiny chocolate frosting recipe  http://nish-whips-up-a-dish.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/passionfruit-cupcakes-with-chocolate.html 

My cookie cake!


For your very own Millie's cookie cake/ celebration cookie just use that recipe and pour it into a shallow round baking pan, take it out of the oven when the sides start to crisp up at the top and the middle is still a little cake like. Then decorate with the frosting and a piping tool and smartie sweets.
If you cannot bake then use a Betty Crocker cookie mix as they are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment