Monday, 11 February 2013

Amazing Blueberry Almond Pancakes!

Before I start, these are not traditional buttermilk pancakes, I love those two but these are very easy and cheap to make not to mention healthy and tasty. The best bit is that they require no eggs.

Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/3 cup flour 
  • 1 tbs rye flour
  • 1 tbs almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2/3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp natural almond extract
  • 2 dessert spoons sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk of choice and 2 tbsp extra      








  • Method- First mix all the powders

    then add all the liquids and the berries! Fry in a little oil, the recipe serves 1 and yields around 6/7 pancakes for me but I thought this was alot! compared to Katie's 3 . 

    I adapted this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie 
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/09/blueberry-pie-pancakes/

    I topped mine with maple syrup and icing sugar!





                                                                                                                                                                                                    

    2 comments:

    1. Yum! I'm a new follower... I have a veggie blog too and I want to be a writer! How old are you?
      come say hi xx
      http://theveggiepolyglotographer.blogspot.fr/

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am 15, an yeah I will thanks :) xx

      ReplyDelete