Thursday, 2 January 2014

Animal testing

Speaking to someone the other day, they stated that they did not know ANY companies still tested cosmetics on animals. Although there are now more cruelty free companies this is unfortunately not the case and it is important that people know this.

If you do not know where you stand on animal testing, I suggest you watch the video of an actress being actually experimented on in a Lush store window. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/video-10354/Woman-subjected-experiments-Lush-animal-testing-protest.html 

Here is a short list of popular companies that test on animals.
(I was surprised at how many there were!)

Dove
Olay
Estee Lauder
Johnson and Johnson - also contains cancer causing ingredients!
Armarni fragrances
Juicy couture fragrances- I wonder if they test on Westie dogs to keep the theme
Maybelline
Herbal essences
Maxfactor
Avon
Ponds
Michael Kors
Sally Hansen nail varnish
Proctor and Gamble

- I have purchased from Dove, Avon and Sally Hansen in the past so now, I am not going to do so again and I shall not be purchasing any Juicy or Armarni fragrances in the future although I have not owned any in the past.

Here is a short list of companies who DO NOT test on animals

The Body Shop
Lush
Superdrug own brand
CO-OP own brand
Nivea
Urban Decay
Hard Candy
Abercrombie and fitch fragrances
BURTS BEES
Collection at Boots
Soap and Glory
Victorias secret and pink beauty
Benefit
Pixi
Sephora

Thanks for reading! I hope you will be trading Olay for Nivea and Juicy Couture scents for Victorias secret ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment